Wednesday 11 April 2012

Mini Milk Bottles

Remember these? 1/3 of a pint - mini milk bottles - filled with cold creamy milk to primary school children at morning break times?! One of my earliest memories of pre-school was the teacher bringing in a crate filled with mini glass milk bottles and as she handed them out to the class, we would all slurp our serving of creamy loveliness through mini paper straws. Yum!


I think these vintage bottles are adorable, children will love them, I also think the nostalgic adults amongst us all would love them too! They are the perfect size for serving milk at children's birthday parties but also wouldn't look out of place at a baby shower or spring soiree!

Here are some ideas for the little darlings ......


Milk and Cookies ... a classic combination and the natural string tied around the necks adds some rustic charm!


Or for something a little prettier .....




ADORABLE!!!!! pastel coloured bakers twine and dotty paper straws .... could these little soldiers get any cuter?! Lined up and perfectly poised waiting to be enjoyed!





Party Milk! Here I tied a Fox's Party Ring tied to each bottle neck ... beautiful?! I think so. The Party Ring pretty pastel colours work so well with the twine and straws and milk ... the cute-o-meter is rising with this one! The melt in the mouth rings of sweet biscuit sugarness are a party staple, charmingly retro! Even the none nostalgic ones amongst us might buckle with this one :)

And here is my personal favourite .... chocolate milk.




Please Sir ... could I have one more?!

3 comments:

  1. These are adorable!!! Please tell me where I can find those multicolored polka dot straws. I'm planning a baby shower for my sister-in-law and the theme is these bright multicolored polka dots. Also where can you order these glass milk bottles? Thank you in advance!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Victoria, apologies for the late reply!! You will be able to buy both the paper straws and milk bottles through my new website. It will be up and running very soon, I have stock of most items that will be in the shop and so can always arrange an order with you prior to the website launching.
      I am not sure if you have had your baby shower yet? If not then please send me an email at lovesweetmaries@gmail.com.
      Thanks, Marie

      Delete
  2. where can i find these mini milk bottles, and how tall are they?

    ReplyDelete